- XML documents must contain one root element that is the parent of all other elements.
- XML tags are case sensitive. The tag <Test> is different from the tag <test>.
- XML elements can have attributes, they must always be quoted (single or double quotes are allowed).
- An element includes start and end tag.
- Comments in XML look like this:
<!-- Comment -->
- XSLT (eXtensible Stylesheet Language Transformations) is the style sheet language for XML. Comparable to css for html
- XQuery ist the query language for XML data. Comparable to sql for databases.
- A XML Schema describes the structure of an XML document